Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas


We had a great Christmas. All of my family came to our house this year. I am the oldest of 5 kids. So we had a very full house which included, My mom and dad, my brother Kirk and his wife Heather and daughter Hazel, my brother DJ, brother Sam and my sister Bethanie and of course all of us that usually live here. My family trickled in between Tuesday and late Wednesday night. We had dinner then opened the traditional PJ's. This year I made my kid's jammies and I thought they turned out pretty cute. (I think that the picture above captures my kids perfectly, Lillie laughing, Joseph being a know it all and Van with a big mischeiviouse smile on his face!) My mom supplied everyone else's pj's. Then the kids were off to bed and the rest of us stayed up visiting. It was so fun to be with all of my family at one time, it has been a long time since we were all together there is always someone that is missing for one reason or another. So after we were sure the kids were asleep "Santa" paid his visit.

The next morning we were awakened not by our own kids but by my married brother. Our kids slept in until 8:00. What kind of kids sleep in until 8 on Chrismas morning? Awesome kids! So we got up and woke the kids up. Then had the difficult task of getting them from our room to the theature room downstairs without them seeing the living room in between. Once downstairs we read the Christmas story in Luke. Then back upstairs for presents. It was a very laid back day and we didn't have anywhere we had to be until that night when we headed over to my uncles house for Christmas with my Dad's side of the family. That is when the monster of all storms hit and we had to cut our visit short so we could head home before the already aweful storm got worse. We made it home fine and enjoyed the rest of our night.

The next morning the sickness hit and all the fun we had been having came to a screaching halt for half of us. And then for the rest over the next couple of days. So Christmas was great, but the 3 days afterward were not so great. I am very grateful my family could all be together on Christmas and that no one got sick until after Christmas...just a side not my mom was sick the day after Christmas, which happens to ber her birthday and my sister was sick 2 days after Christmas which happens to be her birthday. I felt so bad that they were sick on their birthdays!

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Merry Christmas! You made the PJ's??? You rock!

Crystal said...

Sounds fun, except for the sick part. Christmas with family is so nice. Cute Pajama pants.

Amy said...

I'm impressed with your sewing abilities. It sounds like you had a great Christmas. It's great your family could come.

The Younger Case's said...

We had a great time... yes your kids are awesome...thanks for the awesome hospitality and not making me stick to a shower schedule...your married brother...

Kathryn said...

Wow! I can't believe how big they have gotten. They are so cute. I hope all is well.