Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Joseph!

I have been a bit of a slacker with my blogging, there has been a lot going on here, so this is the first of 3 new posts.

The big news around here is Joseph is 9. And he is not letting anyone forget it! He really wanted to go to Asian Star, a Chinese restaurant in town that we had not been to. So we went to dinner and then came home for dessert and presents. It was a fun night and very low key. After all the parties I have thrown this year it was a welcomed change. I should mention that he decided what we did, I didn't give him the shaft because I was partied out. I would have thrown him a big party, but he is too much like his dad to want that. Anyway I digress...

It is hard to believe he is 9. He is growing up so fast. He has taught Ben and I so much about being parents and about how to love unconditionally. He is a great kid with so much to offer. It is fun to see him grow and develop into his (more) grown-up self. He likes to try new things now which has been difficult for him in the past. He is also developing a Ben like sense of humor. It is fun to see him trying to be funny and watching for peoples reactions. He is very smart and very stubborn which can be a difficult mix in a personality but he is also very sweet and has moments of great tenderness. I am grateful to be his mom.





SHIVERS UPDATE
I thought that some of you might enjoy an update on our puppy. It has been an interesting week and a half with plenty of ups and downs. We are all finding our selves getting attached to shivers. In some ways having a puppy is not as bad as I thought it would be, but there are plenty of times when it is as bad and worse than I thought it would be. There have not been any major incidents...but lots of little accidents! I will keep you posted on the puppy front.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Joseph and way to go on winning reflections!

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday to Joseph! Good Luck with your puppy. I am going to have to come over and see Shivers. I need a puppy fix. I guess I should actually come visiting teaching this month, just so I can see your puppy. Just kidding, I love visiting you too.

Amy said...

Happy birthday Joe! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I can't believe you guys bought a puppy! THat is so brave of you.

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday, Joseph. These kids just keeping getting older and older! I agree with Amy, how brave of you to get a puppy. I hope he is a good addition to your family.