Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hello, we are missing one!

Van is a very smart little man. Although he doesn't talk much he has great non-verbal communication. Here is just one example...

A few days ago Joseph and Lillie put up Christmas trees in their bedrooms; a tradition that we started last year. Van was of course fascinated with them. So the next day he grabbed my hand and drug me down to Joseph's room, stood in the doorway and said "Tree." I said something like "Yes, do you like the tree?" Then he grabbed my hand again and took me back upstairs to Lillie's room, stood in the doorway and said "Tree." Then he walked over to his door way and stood there for a second then turned to me and asked "Tree?"

We had neglected to realize that not putting a tree in Van's room would be a problem. Apparently this over site did not go unnoticed. After telling my grandma this story, she very sweetly donated a small table tree to Van's cause. We put it up and decorated it today. He was so excited and wanted to sit right next to it, he even laid down for a nap without complaint because I told him I would leave the Christmas lights on. I love it when they are this easy to please!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness! That is cutest thing I have ever heard! I love having Van in nursery. He is such a little sweetheart :)