Thursday, December 4, 2008

And the winner is...

Just over a month ago I wrote about a photograph that Joseph submitted to Reflections. Last week we got a call telling us that Joseph was getting an award for his photo and that we should plan on attending the assembly. I did not know how the awards worked, but was excited to see him get whatever it was. Once I got there I realized there were two types of awards, an honorable mention metal and a trophy for the top 5 in each category. Those top 5 also got a pizza party and they each go on to compete at the district level of Reflections. First they had everyone who participated in each category stand, then they read the honorable mentions then they got to the top 5 from each category and handed out trophy's.

The photography category ended up being more popular than I thought it would be and there we quite a few entries. It turns out that Joseph was one of the top 5 for photography. He was so excited to get his first trophy. I was so proud of him. I know that winning isn't everything, and we try really hard to teach our kids good sportsmanship and how to handle disappointment, but it was so great to see him get recognition for something he was so proud of.

1 comments:

Troy & Emily said...

Just like mom! How fun for you!
-Emily =)