Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Lillie


For Lillie's birthday this year we had a Luau. It was tons of fun and tons of work. I know it has been over a week now, but here are the highlights.



It was so much fun planning and decorating for this party. I may have gone a bit overboard but it was totally worth it. Now I have all this great Luau stuff so I can do it again!

The kids had lots of fun playing on the tramp, doing a beach relay race, hula hooping, doing the limbo and of course hitting the pinata...
However the pinata was less than co-operative so we had to ask some of the big boys to join in the fun. Well uncle Sam got a bit overzealous and as you can see broke the pinata off of it's hanger. Not to worry we got the fish hung again and the pinata fun resumed.

This cake was so fun to make. Although I had my share of panic moments throughout the process, I think it worked out well in the end.

I am so grateful to have Lillie as a daughter. She is kind, thoughtful and compassionate. She has an amazing imagination and can turn anything into a toy to keep herself busy. She is feisty and passionate and we love having her in our family. There is rarely a dull moment when she is around. I love you Lillie I hope you had a great birthday...and have a wonderful year to come.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday to Lillie! What a great little party planner you are. Looks like so much fun and everything is so cute.

Just me said...

I wish I wouldn't have missed the party it looks like great fun, You are so creative Terrie.

Love mom

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Lillie! Terrie-you put on a great party and I love the pics :)

Amy said...

We had so much fun at the luau! Your decorations were so cute. We especially loved the sandcastle cake. Thanks for inviting us! Happy birthday Lillie!