Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Too many good things

How can that be a problem? Well let me tell you. We have been so busy this summer that we have hardly had a chance to breath. And this weekend is no different except that this weekend we had to choose between 2 good things. One was the obvious priority, but we were really looking forward to the other option as well.

My brother and his wife had their first baby a week and a half ago and they are blessing her this Sunday. The other was a trip with friends we have had planned for quite awhile. Originally we thought that we could fit both trips into one weekend but it just doesn't work. I hope this does not sound like I am complaining about the blessing because I am not. We are so excited for this baby and to have a chance to visit with my brother and sister-in-law. My point is I hate it when there are 2 (or more) good things to choose from and you can only pick one.

So to everyone we bailed on we are sorry, I know you all understand and we love you for that. And to Kirk, Heather and Baby Hazel, we can't wait to see you! By the way for those wondering I will post pics of her as soon as I get back! I can't wait to get my hands on that little girl and take tons of cute pictures.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I think it's hardest when you have to choose between two good things. We all understand family comes first though. We missed you!

Crystal said...

Your family was missed. I hope you had a great time at the blessing. Family does come first, so I am glad you didn't miss time with them. I am sure there will be more fun get togethers.