Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Prophet is never far away: sometimes much closer than you think

Yesterday Ben and I were talking to the Joseph and Lillie about conference and how this conference was going to be special because President Monson will be sustained as the new prophet. Joseph told us a story about his friend Adam who saw a picture of Joseph dressed up and told Joseph he looked like a prophet in the picture. Lillie got a very confused look on her face and said "how did you even talk to him?" At first I was confused by her question, but Ben started laughing and said "Not the Prophet Adam, Joseph's friend Adam." As we all laughed and Lillie realized her mistake she pointed up and said "Oh I thought he meant the prophet Adam, that lives up there on our roof." Which caused another eruption of laughter.

I love those moments. The kind you know will be infamous family stories in the years to come.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Sweet, you have prophet Adam on your roof! What a super cute story.

Amy said...

Lillie has quite the imagination. That is so funny!

Kristin said...

That is so funny and cute! I love it when they say stuff like that.

Tara said...

Hello Neiswender family! I swear every member of the church now has a blog. Do you guys know of any other people from the Glenwood days on here?

Nicole said...

I swear, Joseph and Lillie say the best things. I hope you will be able to remember all those funny things they have said, because it really will make for some great stories in the future.