Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our spontaneous trip to Disney Land

The morning spring break started Ben came into our room and said something to the effect of "Why don't we go to Disney Land for spring break?" I was still basically asleep and it took me a minute to realize he was serious. Keep in mind this is something we had not talked about at all. After a few minutes of disbelief I realized he had already had a rough plan. So I reluctantly got up from what was supposed to be the first of a few days of sleeping in. Needless to say a few hours later we were on our way to Disney Land. Yes we planned a whole trip to Disney Land in a matter of hours. Obviously 2 days of driving there and 1 day back is not the most pleasant situation with 3 kids. But over all the drive wasn't bad, yes there was some whining, a lot of are we there yets and a throw-up incident. But all things considered it was a successful car trip. We had tonz of fun at Disney Land and Disney California. The kids were great, I don't think it could have gone much better. We spent 2 days in the parks and were very exhausted when it was all over. We are not typically the type of people to do anything this big without lots of planning, but it all worked out so well maybe we will have to do more impromptu trips.


This is in front of the Disney Castle.

Lillie was so excited to see Minnie.
We waited in line while the boys rode on a roller coaster near by.

We waited, and waited and waited to see Mickey. But I predict this picture will be a family favorite.

They are so cute in their Mickey ears!

We wore poor Van out, he fell asleep during the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and slept for about an hour in his stroller afterwards...this was a minor miracle as far as we are concerned.

This is the first float in the electric parade, this was the most amazing parade I have ever seen. The kids were so into the parade that they hardly moved while they watched.

Joseph never sleeps in the middle of the afternoon. He was exhausted and begged us to go back to the hotel so he could take a nap, I didn't think it would actually happen.

Don't worry he does this all the time...I know it looks horrible.

This is the second day. Notice the clock in the picture of Joseph. We were all so tired we came back to the hotel for a rest and then planned on going back to Disney Land later in the evening. Well we didn't make it back, I have to admit I was a little disappointed but the kids seemed to be fine with it. We fit a lot into a short amount of time and I think the kids were feeling a bit overwhelmed.

We had an amazing time, it was definitely a trip that we will all remember for a long time, thanks to Ben and his sudden bout of spontaneity.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Terrie, trips are always fun and excitting. We love Disneyland and can't wait to get back. Way to be spontaneous! Everyone looks great, see you this summer!

Shannon said...

I am so glad you guys were able to get away for a spontaneous trip. They are the best!!! It looks like lots of memories were made!

Crystal said...

So Terrie I didn't even think you could be so spontaneous. I think I would be freaking out. I am glad you were able to do something fun for spring break! I love your picture of Van crashed out on you, so cute.

Amy said...

It looks like you had tons of fun! I'm sure you created lots of great memories.

Kristin said...

It looks like you had so much fun! We took the kids least year and we can't wait to go back.

Claudia said...

So much fun! I am totally impressed that you could get everything (including 3 kids) together for a trip like that in a couple of hours. Looks like it was totally worth it.

Nicole said...

I am soo glad you guys took your trip! I can't wait to take our kids next year hopefully. We are still unsure if we will drive, it sounds a little unpleasant, but I'm sure it is a lot cheaper, and would be worth it.