Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Van's first hair cut

It was finally time for Van to get his first hair cut. OK I should say I finally relented and gave Van a much over due first hair cut. All of these firsts are coming way to fast for me. I think because he is probably our last baby all of his firsts feel like my lasts. I don't want another baby I just want the one I have to stay a baby a little longer. Anyway back to the hair cut. He is one of the few people I know that had a comb over before the age of one. For some reason he had a patch of hair that grew much faster than the rest leading to what I called "his old man hair cut to match his old man name." But it was time to say good by to the comb over and hello to the clippers. He actually did very well. It was a fairly short and simple hair cut, all the same he cooperated nicely. Here are a few before and after pictures.


I think this pictures illustrates the crazy comb over nicely.



Nice, no comb over. I was surprised at the difference this hair cut made in the way he looks. He is still super cute, but for better or worse, I think it makes him look older.

8 comments:

Marsh Mayhem said...

He looks darling! I put Charlie's first hair cut off for way too long, and then had a good little cry about it. In fact, I still have a hard time giving him haircuts!!

Nicole said...

What a cutie! I loved the headphones too!

Crystal said...

So cute! I need to do the first haircut for Luke. This is so new to me having all girls. I keep putting it off. Van is such a cutie, even with a comb over.

Amy said...

It's hard with boys to start haircuts - it just means you're going to have to repeat the process every 6-8 weeks for the rest of their life! He looks way cute!

Claudia said...

What a good boy he was! Theo's first haircut (which happened about a month ago - yes, he's 2 1/2, but his hair took a long time to grow) was met with screams of "no, mommy, no", and "I'm really busy right now"

Shannon said...

I agree that a simple hair cut can make such a change in appearance. I put off the first hair cut as long as I could with my boys and as soon as I did cut their hair I was so glad I did because they became a new kind cute. Van looks very handsome!

Henlines said...

They grow up so fast! It seems like yesterday that you had him! He's a cutie!

Unknown said...

First of all, Van is darling! Second of all, in case you don't remember who I am, this is Samantha (Milne) from your old ward, the Willow Canyon First Ward. I've been blog surfing and I'm so thrilled I found your blog! Lillie and Joseph have grown a little bit since I was in Primary with them, but they are both still as cute as ever too! I also saw your photography blog and I know chances are good that those engagement pictures for Sam are from a while ago, but tell him Congratulations for me anyway! Best wishes!
~Samantha (Milne) Karren