Monday, April 21, 2008

Small Victories

Well I don't have much to write, I know it seems weird, but it's true. But I do want to share some small victories that have happened around our home recently:

1. I am finally down to my pre-baby weight. It only took me 14 months.
2. The baby that caused all that extra weight is walking. And it is adorable, so much so that I sometimes forget that I do not want him to grow up.
3. I had a huge photo shoot this Saturday, and by huge I mean 9 families and over 1,100 pictures and I have not shed a single tear or felt inadequate since. In fact I am finally feeling like I could actually do this, for real.
4. Joseph had an awesome Sunday. He was polite and reverent during church and that carried on through out the day. You may not know it, but for some reason Sundays are always hard for Joseph. We are not sure why exactly, but that is how it has been for awhile now. So hopefully he has turned a corner and we will see a happier Joseph on Sundays, I guess we will have to wait and see.
5. This isn't so much a victory as it is just really exciting, our trip to Mexico is 12 days away.
6. We seem to have another music lover in the family. It is fitting seeing as we all love music, even if we have differing tastes.



How cute is he!

Van loved wearing the big headphones and controlling my MP3 player. For those wondering he is listening to classical music...I thought about classic rock but I figured I should encourage the building of brain cells not the depletion of said cells.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I think it is great that you list these victories. Each one is significant and these little milestones are what memories are made of...not to mention they are just fun to read. :)

Kristin said...

Congrats on all the small victories! They are definitely blog-worthy. The pics of Van are precious! Even Caden liked looking at them. He kept pointing and signing "baby." Have fun in Mexico....I bet it is beautiful right now.

Crystal said...

I love your victory blog entry. Good job on getting to your pre-baby weight. I still need help with that. Hurray for a vacation with no kids. Van is cute with the head phones.

Claudia said...

Small victories, nothing. These are great! A whole day without feeling inadequate? Pre-baby weight? Reverent children? No, my dear, small victories are things like scrubbing the kitchen sink. Your victories are huge!!!

Amy said...

I love positive posts. It makes me reflect on all things good. Van is so cute walking. Sophie keeps commenting on how it's so amazing he can walk now!