Friday, February 29, 2008

"Can you help me occupy my brain" Black Sabbath

OK so I have been feeling a little overwhelmed with the theater room project. Don't get me wrong it is coming a long wonderfully and we have accomplished a ton in less than a week. But disarray is not something I deal with well. And disarray is definitely where we are at. So what is a girl to do. What any self respecting control freak would do in this situation...get out the MP3 player, find the heavy metal play list, crank up the volume and clean! It is amazing how much better I feel after a good cleaning. And there are a few universal truths that become clearer during this process. I would like to share them with you:

1. Sometime a little AC/DC and Black Sabbath are just good for the soul. Keep in mind this is Ozzy when he was just "bite the heads off of bats crazy" not...well I haven't quite figured out what kind of crazy he is now but he is certainly crazier.

2. Hard work is good for you. It doesn't matter if it is cleaning a house that will just be dirty again by tomorrow night...I take that back I give it about 20 minutes from the time the kids wake up in the morning. Or something more important. No matter what the work is if you do it well and you do your best you always feel better afterwards.

3. If you clean so hard that you sweat, it counts as exercise for the day, I don't care what anyone says.

4. If the first thing you do when you are done is write about it in your blog, you may just have an addiction that may require intervention.

Well there you have it life according to Terrie, it is simple and sometimes sweet...but always honest.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I was scrubbing the floor last week to Guns N Roses. I'm glad I'm not the only mormon mom that's a metalhead! Rock on!

Kristin said...

You're so cute Terrie! I had no idea that you liked that kind of music......glad to know that I'm not alone.

Crystal said...

I need to learn to channel my frustration into cleaning. Instead I just veg and eat. I need help. You are awesome!