Sunday, November 23, 2008

In a word... AWESOME!

Coldplay-mm06.jpg

This week end has been so fun and so busy. It started with a Friday night showing of Twilight with some friends. Although the movie was disappointing the company was great and a girls night out is always fun.

But two girls nights out in a row is better. Saturday night was the real event...the much anticipated Coldplay concert. And as my title states it was AWESOME! We had terrible seats. By terrible I mean the only way they could have been worse is if we were in the row behind us, which was the last row in the arena. And there was a weird techno opening band that lasted way too long. Even with these less than perfect circumstances I loved the concert.

The music was, of course, amazing. I was worried that I would be disapointed seeing them live. Some bands just aren't the same live. And I have heard less than stellar things about the accoustics in the ESA. I was not disapointed in anyway. I left loving them even more than I did when I got there, which I didn't think was possible. Chris Martin (singer) was personable, very funny and gracious. I felt like I could have gone up to him and had a real conversation.

At one point they left the stage to play in the middle of the audience. Oh how I wished I had sprung for the better seats! They played right next to the fans, I even saw them shaking hands and giving high fives. How awesome is that.

So basicly I loved it. The friends I went with got into it and although there were a couple that just went for the fun of a concert they left huge fans...I'm glad I could do my part!

But none of this could have happened without my awesome husband who supported me in my girls weekend with very little complaint. He was even left to deal with the kids during the BYU/Utah game, which I know was a bit of a sacrifice to divide his attention. Anyway I have the best husband, thanks Hun.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yes, I am definitely a fan now. That was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. All in all, one of the best weekends I can remember. I'm so glad we did it together!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had such a good time. You deserve it!

Crystal said...

I had so much fun too. I kind of wish I would have seen Twilight too. There just felt like there was too much to do that weekend. I was torn. I am so glad I went to the concert though. It was so fun to dance and sing. Coldplay is awesome!

Shannon said...

It was a really great weekend! I'm glad that I was able to meet up with everyone before the concert to have dinner. It was a fabulous concert...even in the nose bleed section! Thanks for sharing your weekend with me!