Saturday, November 15, 2008

A few new additions

We have a few new fun things that I wanted to share. Due to a broken top oven (which we have already fixed once since we moved in) we needed a get a new double wall oven. I was oh so disappointed. We got rid of our circa 1990's white monstrosity, and in true form I did not take a before picture, and replaced in with this...

Of course this trade was not without incident, besides the monstrous cost of a double wall oven, when it was delivered we realized that the new oven was about 8 inches shorter than the old oven. After discussing our options we decided the best option was to add a drawer under the oven to fill in the gap...again bummer! It just so happens that we have 3 drawers in our garage that fit perfectly. We aren't sure why, because they couldn't fit any where else in our Kitchen but the whole where the oven is. We think that the old owners had intended to put drawers here with a single wall oven, then decided on the double oven, but were not sure. Anyway, my handy husband spent the afternoon installing the new drawer and re-installing the new oven. Oh how I love having a handy husband! I love the new oven and the new drawer. Way to go hun!

Our other addition is a new dinning room table and chairs. We have owned our old table for most of our marriage (10 years). It has been a good table and served us well, but it was time to say good bye. The great thing about this table besides the price, thank you IKEA (I know my parents are laughing right now) is that it has two leaves so it can seat 6-12 people...how awesome is that! No more card table extension for big family dinners!


Oh and we got new stools for the counter...It almost feels like a new kitchen. Now if the fridge, microwave, dishwasher and cook top would just break down so we can finish the rest of the kitchen...oh and the counter tops and the floor...

6 comments:

Claudia said...

That all looks awesome! Our double oven is on the way out, but the (gasp) expense of a new one prevents replacement before it is completely dead.
I love your new dining set and stools!

Crystal said...

Jealous. I want a new dining room table and chairs. Ours are hand me down from Joel's Aunt, so they are about 30-40 years old. Seriously so ugly. I am embarrassed to have people come to my house because we can't replace anything. So sad.

Amy said...

Love all the new stuff! I have to admit that I'm coveting your table a little bit. It looks so good!

Just me said...

Wow Ben is handy, funny how Husbands grow into handymen and you have gotten very crafty! You are bot amazing! You are truley the IKEA couple.

mom

The Younger Case's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Younger Case's said...

Nice. . . but you really didn't have to remodel just for us ;) looks like a good table for family gatherings, we're way excited:)Tell Joe and Lilly they will have to teach us how to play marbles when we visit.