Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First (and second) Day of School



So today was the first day of school for Lillie and the second for Joseph. They both seem to be liking their teachers and school in general. Somehow they both got put into classes with only a couple of people they already know. For Lillie this is not a big deal, she has already told me about some of the new friends that she made today. I was more sad than her when I found out that her 2 best friends were in another class together. But in true Lillie form she shrugged it off and headed to school with a smile on her face. Our biggest concern for Lillie was how she would handle being at school for the whole day. When I asked her about it she said "It wasn't that bad, you said all day, I was not there all day" apparently there was some miscommunication about the definition of all day. Anyway she loved it and is excited to go back tomorrow. Joseph although he his liking school has a slightly harder time making friends. He spends his lunch recess visiting with the recess aid who happens to be our neighbor. I hope that he will be comfortable enough to branch out and play with the other kids but I guess time will tell.

I am sure you are on pins and needles wondering what Van and I did with our first full day alone together. Well I did not stay home and clean like you are all thinking. We went with a friend to the Thanksgiving point gardens. It was a lot of fun. We even stopped at one of my favorite restaurants, Rumbi and had lunch on the way. Of course I took my camera but just as we were getting to the good stuff my battery died. I was pretty disappointed because there were a lot of opportunities for pictures. But I did get a few cute ones of Van and a couple fun ones of the gardens. Overall I think it was a good day for all of us.

I love the look on Van's face in this picture. He is looking so grown up these days.


Here is one of the only interesting pictures I got before my camera battery died.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Hip hip hurray for school. Looks like you and Van made the most of your time alone.

Crystal said...

K, I was having a brain fart or something when I posted. So hooray should not be hurray. It has been bugging me since I posted. I wish I could go back and edit. Sorry.

Shannon said...

What fun to have all day for just you and Van...guess you will be having a lot of those from now on. Proud of you for getting out and having fun instead of cleaning!!! : )

Amy said...

It was fun going to T.P. And 1st grade rules. EVerything seems to be going well so far. I love the lilypad picture!

Kristin said...

They look so cute together! I hope that they are both enjoying school so far. I love that pic of Van, he looks so curious and mystified.