Saturday, March 27, 2010

Georgia on my mind

So we got to Georgia last night.  We flew into Atlanta then rented a car to drive the rest of the way to Athens which is about an hour and a half away.  From the time we pulled into town I loved it!!  It is so cute and quaint.  It has such a small town college-y feel.  It has a lot of the stores that we are used to having, those that are noteworthy include, Walmart, Target, TJmaxx, Hobby Lobby and Payless.  There are also some that we are not used to like Publix, Piggly wiggley, Kroger and a bunch of others.  So it is a good mix familiar and new.  There are trees EVERYWHERE, which I love but Ben is still getting used to.  The trees remind me of Oregon.  Especially the ones that are in full white bloom.  They are not exactly like the pear trees in Oregon but similar and very beautiful.  I wish I had made room for my camera.  But all we brought was the crappy point and shoot.  So sorry no awesome pictures for you.  We are meeting with a realtor tomorrow to get a feel for the housing market.  I can honestly say I can see us living here.  Arizona and Michigan have a lot to live up to and it is going to be tough for either of them to out do Georgia. 

Just a side note: although I hate to admit it a GPS is awesome and totally worth having.  When Ben brought up the idea I thought he was just trying to get a new toy out of this trip, which lets be honest he probably was.  But it has been soooo nice to have and because we have it I was able to venture out on my own today while Ben was at his conference. 

That is my report so far on Georgia.  I will write more after we talk to the Realtor and see some houses.

2 comments:

The Younger Case's said...

Sounds kind of neat... far... but neat. I had no idea that Georgia and Oregon had any similarities... good luck in your traveling and decisions :)

Troy & Emily said...

Troy is very jealous. He's always wanted to live in Georgia and he's never been there. We are excited for some pics! Congrats on all the new changes and the potty seat picture is exactly what we needed right now. I had my mom look at it and she laughed SOOO hard!
Much love,
The Gerbernators :)