Monday, September 15, 2008

My Testimony

In my last post I went on and on about a band I love. Later I wondered do people know I have a testimony and that I love the Gospel. I never go on and on about things of the spirit. So although I do tend to rant about nothing and everything on my blog I am not without perspective. So here is my testimony, it is not meant to be preachy and I hope that this does not offend anyone. I just feel like it is something I should share.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the true church. I know that Joseph Smith saw God and his son, Jesus Christ and restored the church to the earth. I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet as is Pres. Thomas S. Monson. I know that my Savior lives and that he atoned for my sins as well as the sins of everyone else. I know that I am a child of God and that he loves me and knows me personally. I know that the work that is done in the Temple is important and that the covenants made there are sacred. The Gospel is true and it is meant to be a joy and a blessing to each of us. I have been blessed beyond measure by my Heavenly Father and for this I am truly grateful. I hope that I can live my life in such a way so that others know that I love my Savior and am trying to live the teachings of the Gospel.

7 comments:

The Younger Case's said...

It is interesting how we tend to share about all sorts of things, and sometimes forget the most important. Thanks for sharing you testimony.
Heather

Claudia said...

Awesome post! Makes me feel a little silly about all the junk I post... Thanks for the perspective and for sharing.

Marsh Mayhem said...

You should never apologize for bearing your testimony -- it brought tears to my eyes reading it. Thank you!

BTW -- could you email me your phone number? I've lost it and this girl's life is needing documentation!

Just me said...

You never cease to amaze me, you are always an inspiration. I am thankful you are my earthly daughter, I have been blessed.

Love mom

Amy said...

I think the internet is a great tool to share the gospel. Isn't it wonderful that we have the gospel and that we have the Holy Ghost to guide us in our lives? I enjoyed your testimony! Thanks for sharing.

Crystal said...

I am glad you shared. I know I get caught up in the day to day life, and need to remember I am here to do the Lord's work. It is just hard to not worry about everything going on around me.

Kristin said...

Thank you so much for sharing your testimony Terrie. You have no idea how much I needed to read that today. Thanks for the sweet comment that you left on blog. I am so grateful to have such great friends in this ward that care so much about me and my family.