Friday, September 19, 2008

My blood runs purple


I have a cute Joseph story I have to share. Last night we were at the store and decided to get Ben and the kids some BYU hats. While we were checking out the checker asked Joseph if he was a BYU fan, he paused and then said "Well my blood is kind of purple, I cheer for BYU and Utah." If you don't get that you probably don't live in Utah; blue (BYU) and red (Utah) makes purple. I thought it was pretty clever that he made that up himself...such a funny kid. And Lillie, whose hat is actually pink with a big white Y on it, just wanted to show papa her new hat so she could tease him. Papa is a Utah alum, and thus the red component of Joseph's purple blood. Kids are so cute!

5 comments:

The Younger Case's said...

that is sweet... Go Joe... dang smart kid...

Shannon said...

First, that's pretty impressive that he didn't shy away when an adult asked him a question and then to come up with something so clever...smart kid!

Crystal said...

Now that is perfect. I think I have purple blood too, because I could care less for either team. If they are playing together, I do tend to sway to the red side. I just have a hard time with the BYU, happy valley mentality. And I grow up there.

Amy said...

Joseph is one smart cookie. That's a pretty ingenious thing to say!

Joe said...

yes i know
my blood does run purple