Friday, March 27, 2009

Random fun (and not so fun) stuff

Like always there is a lot going on around here. So here is the quick rundown. Last weekend Ben's parents invited us to join them in St. George for a little get away. It was so very fun and too short. We swam, hiked, played and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I love St. George! Here are a few highlights...

The kids loved playing in the red sand...we did not love that it came home with us!

Trying to get Van to hold still for a pic...not so easy.

A pictures is worth a thousand words!

Just in case any of you were wondering about my celestial nature...I have proof.

Lizard

The views were amazing.

Serpentine, serpentine!

We had a great time and took a ton of pictures (shocker) I am hoping to make a slide show soon but that will have to wait until after I get back from Colorado. I am going to my cousin's wedding in Denver and really should be getting ready...oh well.

Now onto our other fun news of the month. Joseph had his first piano recital this week. He was so cute. He was nervous but did a great job, even though he had to go first. He played two songs he has been practicing with his teacher and one original composition. This kid is amazing and I am so glad he has finally found something that he loves and that he is really good at. I love hearing him play.

So cute in his suit!

So the not so fun part of this post is that I spent yesterday getting blood tests and xrays. We wont know anything until next week but it seems that the problems I have been having with my thumb and feet may be Rheumatoid Arthritis or Gout...two fun choices huh. I don't know that the really it of this has set in yet. I have been living with it for so long now, that until the symptoms get worse nothing will change. But when things do change it could be pretty bad. My Dr. was quite candid when he told me that if it is arthritis and if there is already joint damage at my young age it is bad. Although I really want to know what is going on I am not happy with my options at this point. So we will see what the next week brings and go from there.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

St. George looks so fun. Glad you got to enjoy some sun before the snow returned. I am sorry to here about your healthy problems. I hope you get answers soon. If you need anything, I am close by.

jilliebean said...

sorry to hear about the health problems--not fun at all! I hope you can get some positive answers. I can't believe how big Van looks! And Joseph looked way nice in his suit!

Amy said...

I'm so jealous of your St. George trip - and your pictures look awesome. I'm impressed with Joseph's natural musical ability, and his desire to practice! I hope he keeps it up! Let me know when you find out more about your tests.

Shannon said...

There is nothing better than a man that knows how to play the piano!!! Keep up the good work, Joseph. Didn't you just love the warm weather in St. George? Looks like you all had a great time. I hope you find answers soon about your thumb and feet.