Friday, February 13, 2009

Fourth file, fourth pic, little sis

I was tagged by Nicole. So here is the drill you are supposed to go to your photo files and pick the fourth file and the fourth photo, then explain it. This was a little tricky because my professional photos are mixed in with my personal stuff (something I keep saying I am going to fix, but just never get around to it) Anyway so I had to fudge a little and chose the fourth personal file. And this is what I got...

This is my little sister Bethanie. We did a shoot when she was here over the summer. She was kind of a stinker about it, but we had fun and we got some really cute pics, this is actually one of my favorites from that shoot.

Now I get to brag about her. She is so cute I love my sister so much!!! We are almost 15 years apart and separated by 3 very rowdy brothers. Don't you feel sorry for us. You would if you knew our brothers:) She likes to tease me about being old but that's ok her day will come. For those of you who do not know she was adopted. She looks just like me so you would never guess it. We had her in foster care when she was 15 months old and were finally able to adopt her when she was 4. I was already married by then so Ben and I got to go to the temple when she was sealed to my parents. It was so awesome. I have always felt like she belonged to us, and even though she was adopted she was always suposed to be a part of our family, even if she came to us in an unconventional way. Our family would definately be incomplete without her. I love you Bethy!!

I tag, Melanie, Shannon, Haley and TeKarri! Have Fun!

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Awesome pic, and neat tribute to your sister!

Marsh Mayhem said...

Holy crow, are you SURE she's adopted? She looks more like you than I could ever imagine!!

Just me said...

What a good feeling to have daughters who are beautiful inside and out.

Amy said...

That is a really cool picture. We miss Bethanie - she was a good babysitter!

The Halls of Fame said...

I've never done a tag before! I'll be sure and do it today when I get home from work. Great pic and story. I didn't know that about your family.