Thursday, October 23, 2008

"This is Halloween"

I know it's early but I had to share some pictures from our Halloween Party. We had a bunch of friends over for a party last weekend and it was so much fun. Anyone who knows me well knows how much I love fall and Halloween. So this year I decided to turn that love into a party.

OH MY HECK...I might have gone a little over board (Shocker). I had been planning this party for over a month. Then the night before we changed everything but the food and the decorations. We decided to make the games a little more interesting and split people up. We put two couples together in rooms throughout our house. Then after 20 minutes we switched rooms/games and were with a different couple. So of course that meant that I had to try to decorate the new rooms that we would be using. Anyway I think that it turned out pretty good. Because we decided the night before to do things this way there were some snags of course, but nothing monumental, overall I think the games went well. The biggest disappointment of the night was the fondue. Apparently fondue does not work well over a long period of time. I think that it was fine at the beginning of the night but by the end it wasn't so great. Oh well lesson learned. It was still tons of fun and so fun to see how creative our friends were with their costumes. Here are some pics...

Some of these pictures do not do the costumes justice!

The Pendletons were pirates, actually Vanessa was a pregnant pirate. Apparently Vanessa had made Matt grow out the beard just for the party. These guys won first prize in our game competition.

The Rushtons were bikers and actually came on a motocycle! Way to own it guys!

The Weights were "Home improvement gone wrong." It was hilarious they had wounds that included blood, wood protuding from toes and nails stuck through fingers...very clever. Crystal won our best costume of the night. I wish I had a better picture!

The Greenwoods were superheroes. These guys may end up being related to us one day; Aaron's brother is dating Ben's sister...small world.

The Burrups were sports fans. Josh had a Y shirt on with a noose around his neck to symbolize the Cougars horrible loose the night before. (Which almost ruined my party because Ben was so upset that they lost...DUH)

The James' were the Milk man and the housewife. So funny. You can't see it but he has lipstick on his shirt.

The Cleggs were Siegfried and Roy, we all got a kick out of the mullet wigs. I thought it was a good look for the cleggs!

And finally we were a gothic prom couple. You can't see them very well but we are both wearing black corsages that I made. Earlier in the evening Ben had a lip ring on and he is wearing an earing that you can't see in the picture. I had on some awesome eyelashes that of course you can't see well in the picture. For those wondering that is my actual senior prom dress. I was so excited that it fit again after 3 babies, I didn't care what I was as long as I wore the dress!

Like I said the pictures don't so the costumes justice. Maybe everyone will get dressed up again and come over so I can get some better pictures...what do you think guys:)







5 comments:

Crystal said...

I was bummed that Joel and I did take any pictures of our selfs. So if anyone has any good pictures, send them my way. Man I look terrible in the picture. Can you tell how much I love to dress up? And Joel for some reason love horror make-up. Fun Party!

Amy said...

Your party was so fun! It's always great to get together. And I loved that we got to dress up. Thanks for organizing it - you outdid yourself again!

Kristin said...

The party looks like it was so much fun! I'm so bummed that we couldn't make it. We had great costumes picked out and then Erick found out that he couldn't get work off, so we couldn't go. Great pictures! I love all the costumes.

Just me said...

Looks Fun! I like that look for youa and Ben! You fit in your Dress. Dad said you look to skinny!Thought you would like that. DAde said wow the real BEN! Love mom

Troy & Emily said...

You guys look GREAT (especially Terrie, sorry Ben)!! Looks like you had a BLAST!
Emily, Troy, and Sophy =)