Tuesday, June 17, 2008

All about Ben...

Well the title pretty much sums up this Blog. Ben's birthday was earlier this month (the 6th) and in true Ben fashion I was forbade from doing anything fun for him. So from the beginning I was planning on at least a blog entry. Well with all three kids home all day I haven't had...ok I haven't made the time to do so. Now Father's Day has already passed and I still haven't done his birthday blog so I will roll them into one. I will try to keep this short, but that is tough because Ben is such a great guy. He is the best husband and father and way more than I deserve. For some of you reading this will sound like a bit of a repeat of my talk on Father's Day. As horrifying as it is to talk on church at least I got to talk about Ben and let everyone know what an amazing man he is. Ok a short list of some of the reasons I love Ben...
He is...
Patient
Loving
Kind
Selfless
Funny
Sensitive
Goofy
There are so many more reasons but you get the idea. He is always willing to help people and always finds the good in situations and in people even if(I think)they don't deserve it. He loves my crazy family, and they love him. We have been married for over 10 years and it is still very common for my mom and my grandma to tell me how much they love Ben and what a great guy he is and on and on. I think they are trying to tell me in a nice way that I am the lucky one, not him. Which I can't disagree with, I am the lucky one. He probably deserves some soft spoken, meek, have dinner ready (and edible) as soon as he gets home type of wife and he got...me. Poor guy, but he still makes me feel special. On top of all that he is the greatest Dad I could have imagined for my kids. They really are blessed and I hope that they will realize that as they grow up. I love you Ben, thanks for being you!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Ben is a great guy. I'm amazed at his patience too. You guys seem like a perfect match. You balance each other out nicely. Happy birthday Ben!

Claudia said...

We think Ben is pretty great too! Thanks for the awesome post!

Just me said...

Well what can I say, Terrie is lucky anbd so are we The Crazy
Family! But I aslo know how lucky Ben and his family is for having Terrie in there family. Together they are an amazing force in our family. I love talking to both of them. Dave and I have been amazed with Ben from the beginning and continue to love him and know that he takes great care of our daughter and our grandchildren!
Memaw

Crystal said...

You did an amazing good with you talk on Sunday. I am glad you have a wonderful husband to make you feel special. It makes life so much easier.

Unknown said...

Thank you Terrie for the kind (and generous) words. Being a good-guy is easy when you are married to your best friend and love-of-your-life.