Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One more reason to love cranberries
























Have the cranberries ever caught your eye as you wondered through the produce isle? Have you wondered what one might so with fresh cranberries besides cranberry sauce at thanksgiving and garland at Christmas? Well my friends I took the leap and bought fresh cranberries, honestly having no idea what I was going to do with them once I got home. Through the miracle that is the internet I found that there are a lot of things you can make with fresh cranberries that do not involve a major holiday. I actually wanted my family to eat what I made so I decided on cookies. Now I understand many people do not like cranberries, to those people I say first come on give it a try and second you will after you try these cookies. I am not going to lie I love cranberries so I was pretty sure I would love anything made from cranberries, but these are amazing. They are a great combination of tart and sweet.

I did change a couple of things from the original recipe...nothing crazy but a few things.
First I used the food processor to chop the cranberries, I knew big chunks wouldn't fly at my house (that sounded way grosser than I intended).

Second I only dipped about 1/3 of the cookies into nuts, my family also not into nuts.

Third I decided I didn't love the look or the taste of the cookies dipped half in chocolate...the chocolate was over powering and detracted from the cookie (I never thought I would hear myself say that chocolate detracted from anything). So I piped chocolate over the cookies in small lines which I liked much better.

Oh and just for the record I used milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet.

Next time I make these I think I will add some orange zest and maybe try dark chocolate.

I know what you are thinking "But Terrie shouldn't you be getting ready for your trip to China and not spending all morning making cookies, photographing said cookies and then blogging about the cookies." To answer your puzzled looks ABSOLUTELY, I should be getting ready for China. But this was way more fun. And I might have gotten a new lens that I wanted to try out...maybe.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Those look yummy. I might just head down to your house to get one. I like fruit in dessert, unlike my other half. ;) Plus chocolate. Looks delicious.

The Halls of Fame said...

I think I'm gonna try them! Thanks for the idea!!

Amy said...

Those look so good. Great photography too! I think I'll go try them. Hey go get packing for China!

Shannon said...

Those do look tasty and I don't even like cranberries. I hope you have a fantastic trip to China and I can't wait to see all the pictures!

britt said...

yum those look delicious!